Back due to popular demand! PhD course at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences in Copenhagen is free of charge for PhD students at Danish universities (except CBS) and for PhD students at graduate schools in the other Nordic countries.
This is a practical, hands-on workshop in health science networking and communication via the social media platforms LinkedIn and X (Twitter).
You can read more about the course and sign up here.
All scientists, researchers and communicators can extend their reach and international impact on the two platforms. But scientists within the health and medical sector will find LinkedIn and Twitter particularly useful:
- The platforms allow real time access to, for example, patients’ and public perspectives, communities of support, and to advocacy groups internationally — but within a narrow medical specialization.
- The increased use of visual abstracts and digital formats in communicating research has been helped by the Twitter and LinkedIn scientific community.
- The corona pandemic has highlighted how Twitter in particular can be a means to collectively ‘peer-review’ publications outside the formal system.
There are more details about the course description below the short introductory video below:
The course is at the University of Copenhagen’s Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and is open to all PhD students at Danish universities (except Copenhagen Business School) and for PhD students at graduate schools in other Nordic countries.
The course goals
- Learn how to use Twitter and LinkedIn to support your work and career as a researcher
- Find a social media routine that fits your personality, daily routine and specific medical specialty
- See how to be strategic in your use of social media
- Set up personal routines, augmented by automation, for monitoring news and ideas from specific research areas.
The course is relevant for both beginners and experienced users.
“Very ‘hands on’. I will definitely recommend this to other PhD students” — previous participant
Dates: 26 October + 9 November 2022, both days from 09:00 to 13:00
There is more information and you sign up for this course here.
Does your department, faculty or university need to boost its researchers’ international impact? My workshops in social media introduce researchers to the systematic use of Twitter, LinkedIn and other specialized social media and tracking applications. All Mike Young Academy workshops are bespoke and custom-fitted to specific scientific fields. Workshops can be held in-person, or online as a combination of video-conferenced live-sessions with group ‘breakout’ rooms, individual feedback, and homework.