Are you a University of Copenhagen researcher or science communicator? The course ’Boost your research career with Twitter and LinkedIn’ is running in the autumn of 2019. Please spread the word!
The course is for scientists, researchers and research communicators who want to extend their reach and international impact on the two platforms. This particular course is open to all University of Copenhagen researchers, but I also offer courses like this at other universities and research institutions!
You sign up on this page here (needs log in, if you can’t log in, write me an e-mail for details). Click on ‘Boost your research career with Twitter and LinkedIn’.
Here below is the course description:
Boost your research career with Twitter and LinkedIn
Platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn allow you to find and reach out to other experts and collaboration partners throughout the world. And they give you a potential global audience for your own specific research field and project.
In this course, you will learn how to monitor specific fields, share via Twitter and LinkedIn networks, and integrate social media into conferences, seminars, research and communication.
- learn how to use Twitter and LinkedIn in a way that supports your work and career as a researcher.
- Find your own specific social media method and concept to fit your personality and research topic.
You will see what Twitter and LinkedIn can do, and how you as a researcher and communicator can get the platforms to work together. In the course we will go through the following. How to:
- be strategic in your use of social media
- set up personal routines, augmented by automation, for monitoring news and ideas from specific research areas.
- integrate social media in events and conferences
- get other people involved in your research
- use Twitter and LinkedIn to expand your network
- crowdsource content for specific research projects
- create a personal social media brand, centered on your own expertise
- extend your reach and better define your own research field at an international level
- make yourself the expert on popular research/science platforms like Reddit and Quora
The course consists of two morning workshops. In the first one (day one), you find an element within your own research area or specialty that can be used for a catchy concept on Twitter, LinkedIn, or other research-oriented platforms.
Your homework between the two workshop days is to implement this concept and to start sharing.
In the second workshop (day 2), you will get feedback on your work so you can refine your concept for even greater impact.
Participants and expectations
The course is for researchers, scientists and communication staff at the University of Copenhagen. The course is relevant for both beginners and experienced users. However, before starting the course, beginners need to have set up a Twitter and Linkedin account, and to have familiarized themselves with the basic functions of the platform.
Note: The course will be held in English. If all present are Danish-speaking, the course may be held in Danish.
23 October and 13 November 2019, from 9.00 to 12.30 (including lunch)
You sign up for this course at the University of Copenhagen on this page here (needs log in, if you can’t log in, write me an e-mail for details). Click on ‘Boost your research career with Twitter and LinkedIn’.
Does your department, faculty or university need to boost the international impact and career of your researchers? Here is more about my courses in social media for researchers.