Are you a University of Copenhagen researcher? I am going to be teaching the course ’Boost your research career with Twitter and LinkedIn’ in the autumn of 2018. Please spread the word!
The course is for scientists, researchers and research communicators who want to extend their reach and international impact on the two platforms. This particular course is open to all University of Copenhagen researchers, but I hope to be able to offer the course at other universities soon!
You sign up on this page here (needs log in, if you can’t log in, write me an e-mail for details).
Here below is the course description:
Boost your research career with Twitter and LinkedIn
Platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn and Reddit allow you to find and reach out to other experts and collaboration partners throughout the world. And they give you a potential global audience for your own specific research field and project.
In this course, you will learn how to monitor specific fields, share via Twitter and LinkedIn networks, and integrate social media into conferences, seminars, research and communication.
- learn how to use Twitter and LinkedIn in a way that supports your work and career as a researcher.
- Find your own specific social media method and concept to fit your personality and research topic.
You will see what Twitter and LinkedIn can do, and how you as a researcher and communicator can get the platforms to work together.
In the course we will go through the following. How to:
- set up personal routines, augmented by automation, for monitoring news and ideas from specific research areas.
- integrate social media in events and conferences
- get other people involved in your research
- crowdsource content for specific research projects
- create a personal social media brand, centered on your own expertise
- use Twitter and LinkedIn to extend your reach and better define your own research field at an international level
- make yourself the expert on platforms like Reddit and Quora
The course consists of two morning workshops. In the first one (day one), you find an element within your own research area or specialty that can be used for a catchy concept on Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit or Quora.
Your homework is to implement this concept and to start sharing.
In the second workshop (day 2), you will get feedback on your work so you can refine your concept for even greater impact.
Participants and expectations
The course is for researchers, scientists and communication staff at the University of Copenhagen. You need to have set yourself up with a Twitter and Linkedin account before the start of the course.
Note: The course will be held in English. If all present are Danish-speaking, the course may be held in Danish.
26 September and 10 October 2018, from 9.00 to 12.30 (including lunch)
Sign up before
22 August 2018
You sign up for this course at the University of Copenhagen on this page here (needs log in, if you can’t log in, write me an e-mail for details).
Does your department, faculty or university need to boost the international impact and career of your researchers? Here is more about my courses in social media for researchers.